Asiki was founded by Anna, Katherine and Natanya - three friends who met volunteering for our local high school sustainability festival and bonded over a shared passion to make a difference. After 5 years of festivals, culminating in the 2018 Zero Waste event when we convinced 900 teenagers to bring their own reusable cups and drink bottles to the event, we were hooked. Not only had we all changed many of our own habits in order to produce less waste, others around us were doing the same thing.
An ecological mindset is contagious!
Our aim in creating this business is to curate a range of stylish reusable product swaps to help you become an environmentally conscious consumer and reduce waste. We are not an eco-supermarket offering an overwhelming array of goods. We carefully research, select and trial a wide range of products and only stock those we love to use ourselves.
Asiki aims to provide products that are:
- plastic free or designed to reduce the use of single use plastics
- reusable, repairable, recyclable, biodegradable and home compostable
- support other Australian makers, creators, designers and small businesses with a focus on sustainability
- made of natural and organic materials
- palm oil free, plant based with vegan options
- fair traded and socially beneficial, in particular to women in developing nations
- package free or with minimal packaging that’s either biodegradable or easily recycled.
- shipped plastic free (including tape), using and recycling biodegradable paper and cardboard packaging, and carbon free shipping methods where feasible
Asiki is more than an online eco store. Our flagship store is located at 59A Erskineville Road, Erskineville, Sydney where customers can shop our eco products and fill their bottles with natural cleaning products at our Refilling Station. We also hold in-store workshops, talks and events with a sustainability focus.
We have now undertaken the rebranding of our business to better distinguish ourselves from other eco brands. Asiki, meaning One in Balinese, was chosen to assert our unique identity and reflect our focus on helping others make changes which help reduce our ecological footprint on this One Earth we all share.
We believe that using what you already have at home or buying products second hand is best for the environment. We hope our Urban Finds collection featuring pre-loved items will inspire you. When you find you need additional items, we appreciate you considering Asiki.
Anna, Katherine and Natanya
The co-founders of Asiki recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation, and acknowledge the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respect to Elders past, present and future and honour your wisdom in caring for country.