Welcome to Asiki - Your Sustainable Livestyle Store
Asiki is a woman led business owned by co-founders Anna and Natanya, who met 10 years ago when volunteering for our local high school sustainability festival and bonded over a shared passion to make a difference.
After helping to run the festival for 5 years, culminating in the 2018 Zero Waste event when we convinced 900 teenagers to bring their own reusable cups and drink bottles to the event, we were hooked. Not only had we changed many of our own habits in order to produce less waste, we had influenced others around us to do the same thing.
An ecological mindset is contagious!
Our desire in creating this business was to curate a range of stylish reusable products that can help us all become environmentally conscious consumers and reduce waste. We are not an eco-supermarket offering an overwhelming array of goods. We carefully research, select and trial a wide range of products and only stock those we and our families love to use ourselves.
Asiki aims to provide products that are:
- plastic free and/or designed to reduce the use of single use plastics
- reusable, repairable, recyclable, biodegradable and home compostable
- made of natural and organic materials
- palm oil free, plant based with vegan options
- fair traded and socially beneficial, in particular to women in developing nations
- package free or with minimal packaging that’s either biodegradable (preferably home compostable), or easily recycled
- support other Australian makers, creators, designers and small businesses with a focus on sustainability
- or designed in store to meet all of these goals
- shipped plastic free (including tape), using and recycling biodegradable paper and cardboard packaging, and carbon free shipping methods where feasible
Believing strongly that we should all be using the things that already exist in the world, we also stock a range of beautiful vintage and retro ceramics and homeware items, and have recently added an in-store vintage and second hand clothing range
Asiki is more than an online eco store. Our flagship store is located at 59A Erskineville Road, Erskineville, Sydney where customers can come in and talk to us about products, and touch and smell and try things out before they buy.
We stock some bulk goods such as cleaning products so local customers can fill or refill their containers in-store. We also hold in-store workshops, talks and events with a sustainability focus.
Anna and NatanyaThe co-founders of Asiki recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation, and acknowledge the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respect to Elders past and present and honour your wisdom in caring for country.