Plant & Flower Press
Our Plant & Flower Press is a stylish and sustainably made press designed for preserving the wild wanderings of children and adults alike.
Designed and Hand Made in Sydney, Australia
Exterior made using sustainably sourced plywood. Interior sheets are made from reclaimed cardboard offcuts. Hardware fastenings are made of zinc and stainless steel.
Size: 148mm x 195mm x 40mm
How to use a press.
- We use a sheet or two of 'Who Gives a Crap' toilet paper on the bottom and on top of each cardboard layer to absorb extra moisture from the plants and protect the cardboard. You can also use any other absorbant paper.
- Plants should not be stacked too high in the press.
- Adjust the pressure with the wing nuts.
- Start with gentle pressure so that the plants and flowers have some air circulation at first. Tighten the press after a few days.
- Drying process takes about two weeks.
Pressed flowers and plants can be used for bookmarks, art works, fairy wings, lamp shades or you could even start your own botanical journal.
End of life: The press is made up of biodegradable and home compostable components. Screws can be reused or recycled at your local scrap metal dealer.